Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to the practice of creating content web content to rank as highly as possible. It’s an essential tool when building brand equity. Well-crafted web pages boost page views, and those page views can increase traffic— effective optimization compounds on itself. Search engine users will most often click on the first handful of results. The likelihood of a user clicking on a page diminishes considerably the further down the ranking it is; second page search results drop dramatically in terms of clicks.
HOW DOES SEO WORK?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of making a website rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs).
SEO works by:
- Optimizing a website’s content
- Conducting keyword research
- Earning inbound links
- Identifying relevant keywords with good search traffic potential
- Creating high-quality, useful content and optimizing it for search engines and for users
- Including relevant links from high-quality sites
- Measuring the results
- Optimizing a website’s technical configuration
- The higher a site ranks, the more visible the business is, and the more traffic and sales the business is likely to generate.